19.1.12

Be smart with your Diet

It is very easy to over eat especially when we are programmed by todays society to stuff our stomaches with super sized meals and all you can eat buffets. That´s one reason why I particularly don´t like to eat at places that offer buffets.

I don´t want to put myself in that situation to have to reason with my brain about my diet: "No, one serving is enough, I said...NO! Really? You think I´m worth it..I don´t know...I´m kind of full already..ooh, you think I can take just one more small serving? Ok then, thank you brain..I trust you." It does´nt work. Maybe you have the strength to withstand the urge to milk every penny out of the food they serve but I can´t.

One thing that I´m a strong believer of is this: DO NOT put yourself in a situation that you know you may not be able to handle. It´s just not smart. If I´m trying to loose weight, keep my diet and feel better why should I go to a restaurant that serves MEGA plates or have buffé? It doesnt make any sense.

The same goes at home. If you want to keep your healthy diet it´s not smart, when you serve the food, to always use the biggest plates. Mix it up. Sometimes you use regular plates and sometimes you eat on smaller plates. It´s all about tricking your brain. Use your senses to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment